Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Things we lose. Things we find and things that will never be the same again.

I love my Dyson.

More than my kids actually because unlike them, it picks up what is on the floor. They know not to put me in a position where I am forced to choose. I would miss them though. A lot.

Anywhoo, as I was vacuuming up the dog hair that had begun to blow across the floors like tumbleweeds, I noticed something spinning around inside the canister.

It was small, it was hard and it was beating the hell out of my Dyson which is totally unacceptable.

You can imagine my surprise when I emptied the contents into the trash can only to find a tiny plastic bean that belonged to the Don't Spill the Beans game that I threw out five years ago, in another state.

I was all like what the hell?


That little plastic bean got me thinking about what else has been sucked into the all-powerful Dyson that I'd assumed was gone forever.

My patience? My diamond earring? Or maybe my rockin' body that has been missing since 1998.

I can live without the earring and I've found that patience is overrated. What I'd really like to have back is the hot body. It doesn't have to be the same one. It's not like I'm asking to look like I did during my love affair with big hair and spandex in the early 90's, but close would be nice. Look, all I'm asking for is a little cleavage without a miracle bra on, okay?

See, I'm being flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment