I thought I was finished with edits. I've poured over my manuscript countless times, making grammar and punctuation corrections. Along with little changes here and there, just a few tweaks. I thought it was good. Then something was brought to my attention this morning. Apparently, I'd overlooked a run on sentence in the first paragraph.
The first paragraph!
That ain't good.
How did I miss that?
Oh, and Mr. Semicolon? That's right. I'm talking to you. I now hate you.
Because of this "situation," I had to start at the beginning, again. Yep, the beginning. I even missed Field Day at my kid's school.
Eh, who am I trying to kid. I didn't plan on going in the first place. I don't send my kids to school so I can hang out with them all day.
That's ludicrous.
I've got more important things to do. Like watch Real Housewives, or, oh I don't know, edit my damn book again!
Editing is potentially endless because there's ALWAYS another way to say anything. Part of the art, I suppose.
ReplyDeleteI think I just need to back away from it!
ReplyDelete